Drupal has been in development for over 10 years, with millions of downloads, and hundreds of thousands of successful sites. It is a completely free, open source content management system that many intelligent companies are using today to provide for their needs. Drupal's many features and add-ons allow it to be used for a variety of website needs; perhaps for marketing, internal communications, informational websites, or for social networking purposes. If a needed feature is not currently available, it has a proven community of developers who can be paid to do the work for you. Drupal's access control system means that it can be easily applied to your organizational structure. Overall, Drupal is a good choice for today's companies of any size because it is free, easy, and incredibly flexible.
- Build Websites Quickly. Rapidly assemble websites in a matter of hours, without the need for complex programming. You can also get out-of-the-box distributions with all the functionality you'd ever want.
- Customize the look. Hundreds of templates can be freely downloaded to customize the appearance of your site; alternatively, it's straighforward to use your own HTML and CSS for a completely unique design in keeping with your own branding.
- Scalable. Drupal can be used to power the simplest of small company websites or personal blogs, yet can be scaled-up for some of the highest traffic sites in the world.
- Flexible. The functionality of your site can be customized by using some of the thousands of plug-in modules, or by writing custom code based on a well-documented API. And if you can't find what you need in the documentation, there's a huge worldwide development community.
- Deployable. Easy to deploy multiple sites from the a standard codebase and database.
- Social Publishing. Drupal excels at allowing multiple users to publish content, with tunable access controls, and share open logins with Facebook, Twitter etc.
- No licensing costs. Drupal is open-source software, which means no acquisition or licensing costs to use it.
- Secure. Not only is Drupal code written to high standards, there's a dedicated security team constantly reviewing the system for exploitation. Patches and advice are usually rolled out before a weakness has been publicly exposed.